This year we flew out to Carlsbad to spend Christmas with my family. It worked out really nicely, especially with all the rough weather and flight cancellations around the rest of the country. We flew in Friday the 19th and came back on the 28th. We won't hit every detail, but the pictures should give you the general idea!
We went to the Carlsbad 3rd Ward Christmas Party on Saturday night with the whole family. They had a fun skit and delicious food!

On Sunday, December 20th, we all went down to support my dad at the Marine Corp Recruit Depot (MCRD), where my dad is branch president. What a neat experience it is to attend Sacrament meeting with those serving in the military. We stayed for Sacrament Meeting and headed back home to attend all meetings for C-3.

My niece, Mikalynn was really tired and fell asleep while I was holding her. What a tender moment...I just love that little girl!

My dad and Kevin built a fire in my parent's fire pit and we all made s'mores. Well, my dad roasted all the marshmallows and would bring them inside where my mom and I would assemble them. There is nothing like a good s'more!

We definitely had to hit In-N-Out! I love this place so much that I went there a total of 5 times and Kevin only went with me twice! I would keep telling him that our baby feels like In-N-Out! He stopped believing me after the second time!

We had a ping pong tournament! Kevin is such a stud!

My mom always comes up with a fun theme for every Christmas. I love telling people about the theme each year. This year it was, "I Love Me". Christmas Eve activities started around 2:00PM. We started by decorating a picture matte (picture to come) that described who we are. We cut out magazine clips, used stencils & colors. It was a ton of fun!
Then, we decorated sugar cookie people. We used frosting and other candy to make our sugar cookie look as much like us as possible.

This is Kevin's creation...he did a great job at getting it to look like him. He even managed to put a Liquid Force shirt on the little guy!

This is mine...I should have paid Kevin to do mine for me. I tried highlighting my hair and it just didn't work as well as I hoped.

Then, for Christmas Eve dinner my mom had made something that we each love. We had london broil, green salad, homemade dinner rolls, funeral potatoes and Sparkling Grape juice to drink...YUMMY!!!! For dessert, my mom made each of our favorite dessert. Kevin wanted Moose Tracks Ice Cream and I wanted Mint & Chip Ice Cream with Magic Cookie Bars!

The girls got heart shaped sunglasses...I know, attractive!

The boys got star shaped sunglasses. Isn't pink a good color for Kevin!

When we were younger we played the "candy bar" game. My mom upgraded us to the "gift card" game on Christmas Eve (she started that a few years ago, when the theme was New York). We take turns rolling two dice and if we get a "7" or "11" we get to take a card from the middle or steal from some one else. It was a ton of fun and we managed to do pretty well in the game. Thanks mom and dad!

This is some of the stuff I got for Christmas. Kevin and I were blessed with a lot of cool stuff for Christmas. Our baby even made out with some cool things! Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of Kevin with his gifts. Thanks again everyone!

Christmas day after we finally took a shower. Kevin in his new Liquid Force shirt and I am wearing the hat Kevin gave me!

This is where Kevin proposed to me. We always have to visit this special spot where it all began!

We went for a walk with my family along the sea wall. It was a little windy that day.

My mom "foot attacked" our room, with blue and pink foot prints to congratulate us on our news. It was pleasant surprise when we showed up and I even cried (surprise, a pregnant woman crying).


The day Kevin and I left for San Antonio. I started to show while we were there, so we had to take a picture.

We flew in and out of the Carlsbad airport. We don't know if we can ever do San Diego again. Hassle free at the small Carlsbad airport!
4 comments:
What fun traditions! I'm taking notes...
I'm so glad you guys were able to go home and be with family. Your mom has some pretty cool ideas, it looked like a fun party! We sure miss you guys!
What fun family traditions - might have to incorporate a few of your moms!
ann packard
Look at your cute tiny pregnant belly!! Oh man, I just can't wait to find out what you are having. Our babies can be friends if we ever live near each other again! I miss you guys :(
I love all these pictures. Your family looks great! Your mom is so cute to decorate your room like that!
Post a Comment